Due to the current increase in Covid-19 and in an effort to protect our
patients, staff and community, general visitation at all One Brooklyn
hospitals and ambulatory care centers is suspended as of Monday, January 10, 2022.
We understand that this a difficult time for patients and families. We
thank you for helping us keep everyone safe. Visitation will BE ALLOWED
ONLY in the following circumstances:
- Family members or legal representatives of patients in end-of-life situations
- One parent or guardian per patient on the Brookdale Pediatric Unit
- One parent per new born on the Brookdale Maternity Unit
- Support persons for patients with disabilities who require assistance
- Surgical patients’ visitors must leave after the check-in process
and return when patients are ready for pick up.
Visitors allowed under the exceptions listed above must comply with the
- Be 18 years or older
- Wear a surgical mask. The OBH hospitals or centers will provide a surgical
mask or KN95 if needed to all patients and “Approved” visitors
upon arrival. Masks must be worn at all times, covering the mouth and
nose. Visitors who fail to wear a surgical mask or KN95 and other PPE
properly will be asked to leave the facility.
- Undergo symptom screening and a temperature check upon entry into the facility.
If the visitor’s temperature is 100 degrees F or greater, the visitor
will not be allowed.
- Show proof of vaccination, or proof of a negative COVID PCR test collected
within 72 hours of the visit date.
- Not have had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 over the
last 14 days or not had COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days.
- Please note the OBH visitation policy will be adjusted as needed to ensure
the safety of our staff, patients, visitors, and community