Family/Friends Visitation of Patients
As the State of New York continues its phased re-opening and we return
to a new normal, Kingsbrook will be accommodating patient visitation as
of Wednesday, June 29th. Our patient care philosophy recognizes the many
benefits of engaging families and friends in the healing process. However,
in an effort to protect patients, visitors and staff, we will be following
the strict regulatory guidelines provided by the State.
Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center/Rutland Nursing Home (KJMC/RNH) allows
family members, friends, or other individuals to be present with the patient
for emotional support during the course of stay. We allow for the presence
of a support individual of the patient's choice, unless the individual's
presence infringes on others' rights, safety, or is medically or therapeutically
This individual may or may not be the patient's surrogate decision-maker
or legally-authorized representative.
- Every patient has the right to have visitors.
- Patients can choose who may or may not visit.
- The patient may change his or her mind at any time.
- However, healthcare staff may need to limit the number of visitors present
based upon medical needs, patient safety, and privacy.
- Visitor(s) who has a known infectious disease, who recently recovered from
such a disease, or who recently had contact with such a disease may not
come into the hospital patient care units. (Public Health Code Restriction)
- Children are not permitted - 18 and over.
- Arrangements for OFF-HOUR visitation should be made in advance with the
What are the visiting hours?
- Visiting hours are from 4pm to 8pm
MINKIN 3 GERIATRIC PSYCHIATRY UNIT: No plastic bags are allowed inside the unit.
All visitors to report to the Nursing Station BEFORE visiting/interacting
with the patient.