Family/Friends Visitation of Patients
Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center/Rutland Nursing Home (KJMC/RNH) allows
family members, friends, or other individuals to be present with the patient
for emotional support during the course of stay. We allow for the presence
of a support individual of the patient's choice, unless the individual's
presence infringes on others' rights, safety, or is medically or therapeutically
This individual may or may not be the patient's surrogate decision-maker
or legally-authorized representative.
- Every patient has the right to have visitors.
- Patients can choose who may or may not visit.
- The patient may change his or her mind at any time.
- However, healthcare staff may need to limit the number of visitors present
based upon medical needs, patient safety, and privacy.
- Visitor(s) who has a known infectious disease, who recently recovered from
such a disease, or who recently had contact with such a disease may not
come into the hospital patient care units. (Public Health Code Restriction)
- Children under 14 years are generally not allowed in patient care units.
- Arrangements for OFF-HOUR visitation should be made in advance with the
What are the visiting hours?
- REGULAR Visiting Hours are from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
- OFF-HOUR Visiting Hours are from 9:00 pm to 10:00 am
- ICU, CCU, RECOVERY ROOM Visiting Hours: Every hour 24 hours/ 7 days
- EMERGENCY ROOM Visiting Hours: 10 minutes on the hour every hour 24 hours/ 7 days
- PEDIATRIC UNITS: One parent is allowed to stay during OFF-HOUR VISITING HOURS
MINKIN 3 GERIATRIC PSYCHIATRY UNIT: No plastic bags are allowed inside the unit.
All visitors to report to the Nursing Station BEFORE visiting/interacting
with the patient.