Best Health School Mobile Education
As part of its Community Outreach Initiative,
Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center's Best Health School offers its Speaker’s Bureau Program to community organizations in
need of health and wellness information. Comprised of the facility's
best doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and medical specialists, the Bureau
travels to all parts of Brooklyn, speaking on a number of issues that
affect the health and well-being of community members.
This essential program is geared towards providing health seminars and
discussions to community-based organizations such as libraries, senior
citizen centers, schools, churches, and health-based organizations. This
program gives community members an opportunity to speak with medical and
health education specialists directly about programs and treatments pertinent
to their well-being.
Virtual options can be facilitated as well.
- Prevention and Treatment For Diabetes: Helping Your Wounds to Heal
- Osteoporosis and You: Taking Care Of Your Bones, Joints, and Back
- Is Everything Under Control? - Things You Should Know About Hypertension
and Stroke Prevention
- Nutrition And Aging – The Changing Needs and the Importance of Maintaining
a Healthy Diet
- Depression: A Treatable and Surprisingly Common Condition
- How Well Do Your Lungs Work: Treating Respiratory/Asthma Ailments
- Good General Health Practices for Healthy Living
- Some Things You Should Know About Medication Safety…Taking Your
- Falls, Fractures, and Accidents – How To Avoid Them
- Stroke Education: Warning Signs & Prevention
- HIV Education
- Breast Health Education
- Heart Disease, What You Should Know
- Constipation, Healthy Bowels
If you are interested in a wellness topic that is not listed above, do
not hesitate to ask us about it. We would be happy to tailor a discussion
specifically for your targeted audience.
For more information on our Speaker's Bureau, please call Kingsbrook's
Community Information Line at 718-604-5062.